Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Blessed.

What a blessing of a week...

Saturday was the Lexington Race for the Cure. Approx 90 people showed up to run and walk. Several others of you could not be there but donated to my team. We raised over $5,000 that will be used to bring awareness to breast cancer and pay for research. Thank you for being a part of this, a part of my journey. I am blessed and don't really have the words to express how it feels to feel so loved and cared for.

On Sunday, we left for Charleston SC for Jacks fall break. We evacuated Wednesday morning at 6:30am and went home.

It's been a long but good week for me. It has felt very normal for me and that's good. Normal means that I am not preoccupied with this process and energy level back to fairly normal levels.  The issue is going into week one of side effects and knowing the hit my body takes. I am determined to push hard thru this. I have to be careful now that it's cold and flu season, so even though I feel well, I can't run out everywhere.

I appreciate your prayers and thoughts for me. I will try to update more but I don't want this to turn into "Amanda's update on side effects". I like to use this blog to update you on real updates and it helps me process real issues. It keeps me accountable to God's promises. Love you.

Chemo treatment #7 is on Monday 10/10.

More later...

Xoxo
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment