Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Summer 2019

Hi!
For those of you who know me, you know I like to tell stories in detail. That is one of the reasons why I like this blog. I can write about whatever and whenever I want, in however much detail I want. The moral of the story is that I don’t write enough. LOL It’s therapeutic for me.

I have been wanting to write this blog since May 30, 2019. That was my three year anniversary of my second diagnosis.  I am so blessed to be living this life by the grace of God. This is definitely a journey because initially you think life is over as you know it, and that’s not always the case, such as my case.

 It’s interesting to look back and reflect on the last almost 8 years that I have been doing this. When it began, my son Jack was four years old and we were talking about having tea parties with Mommy when she’s sick. He is now almost 12 years old. I’ll tell you a good story...

We were traveling the other day and stayed at a Hampton Inn next-door to the Cleveland Clinic. I pointed at it and told him that when I had to deal with the cancer again and need more help, that this is where I would come. He shook his head and followed it without question. Previously I would have only been able to tell him something like this with big tears and with a fearful heart. Today I can speak to him with confidence and with little fear. This is God’s work in me. So two things, I know I am less fearful than ever, and secondly it’s proof that God is doing great things in me and for me. Now can I say this because of course everything is easier said than done?  I don’t know. I just know to not question it and leave it alone.

Right now, I know that I am here and living my life as it should be. I have never been so settled in my purpose. I used to question it all of the time when I was younger. I even started to think that life would always be in turmoil because it’s a trick and you never really do find purpose. But it was found for me and I am thankful for that.

There are some people who continue to wear a pink bracelet with “Amanda’s Army of Angels” on it. Day after day, they put it on their wrist. I see the bracelet and I smile so grateful. I feel so indebted to them and their commitment to seeing me thru this. But then God says Amanda- you don’t have to do anything in return. It’s ok that people love you. God continues to teach me...

Love you. Thank you for being on this journey.

Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment