Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Thursday, November 3, 2022

11 Years!

 Another year has passed by and it is now 11 years since I was first diagnosed with breast cancer.  That is another 365 days that God gave me.  Thankful does not even begin to describe how I feel on this day.  To be given another day, not to mention another year, cancer free is a blessing beyond measure.  

The ever looming CT scan is still every 3 months, my next one is Nov 18th.  This has continued for the last 6 years since diagnosis number 2.  The feeling of gratitude to be cancer free is like renewing another 3 months of a new lease on life.

While I am grateful for each day, my question to myself in this 5 minutes of reflection is what can make me a better person? I think it is just telling someone nice things, giving compliments, encouraging someone, doing something nice for someone, positivity.  Simple kind words and actions can make the biggest difference to someone.  This is the person I want to be and I don't do it enough.  I will work on it...

In the meantime, cheers! Here's to 11 years.  Thank YOU for following me, supporting me, encouraging me.  I will pay it forward!

Love to you and to all out there in this world! 

Amanda










No comments:

Post a Comment