Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Friday, June 15, 2012

Update 6/15/12

Well HI!!  How are y'all? :)  I am doing really good since I have been released from chemo!  What a wonderful thing!  I have not started radiation yet.  I start Tuesday, 6/19 and end Friday 8/3.  This is for 33 treatments (down from 37 that they had told me) every day five days per week, M-F at 9:15am.  I have 6 qty 1" or so tuquoise blue "X"'s on me so that they know where to laser me (that's the best way to say it, I guess).  This will be much easier than the chemo.  I expect I should continue about my normal day.  They say there is fatigue and sunburn/tightness feeling in skin, especially as time goes on.  My hair is coming back.  It's very curly and very dark with gray- I would like to say it was the chemo that did that, but don't think so- I think it was Lynn Imaging, just a hunch- okay or my husband. ;) Kidding. :) 

I have been working a lot lately.  Feel kind of back to how things were...always behind, always rushing. :)  I need to work on this.  I ate well for about a week.  I was inspired and had the momentum to last me a few days.  Will be getting back on that soon.  Maybe have to do a formal WW meeting? 

Love to you!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment