Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Yeee Haw!

Sooo, no chemo this week! Feeling good about that! Had a CT scan yesterday and I have no cancer present! That's a good feeling! I also learned through appt with OBGYN that I don't have to take out ovaries in order to avoid estrogen. I learned that I may stay in menopause if things dont return to normal within 6 months or so. I also had my annual exam done which was WAY overdue which got me into this mess in the first place! Ladies- get your annual exam and mammograms done!!!!!!!! Seriously- don't put it off. Men- get your colons and prostates checked!

So it was a productive day! At the CT scan, they have you drink 2 big things of a milky substance and then they inject iodine based fluid into your veins. Tech says as she is injecting it, "it's going to feel warm, you will have metallic taste, and you will feel like you peed yourself.". Glad I didn't really pee on myself. She was right though, sure did feel like it. Haha!

I have appt with dermatologist today to see about these fingernails. They are coming off nailbed and I am concerned about bacteria. But they are atached enough that I cant rip them off, sorry of TMI. So maybe surgically remove them? I will find out!

My mtg w Radiation Oncologist is on Thursday. Will find out schedule for the summer.

I am dedicated to eating healthy and whole foods. Day 2. :). I read that fat makes estrogen which feeds my cancer. So, a REAL good reason to drop it like a hot potato!! :). Seriously!

Love to you!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment