Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Monday, August 29, 2016

Chemo #5

Hi. :)
I had chemo treatment number 5 today. I was stuck 4 times and they finally got it. I was worried that they wouldn't get it and what would we do? Not have chemo? The girls who do my bloodwork said my veins were really hard. It sounded like this was they problem with the chemo sticks as well.

So in this new development, I am going to get a port in September prior to my next treatment on Sept 19th. The port requires surgery, can get infected, and will produce an ugly scar around my collarbone area. Oh well. It's time that I get it and save my veins.  We have been using my right arm only. My doctor does not allow us to use the left arm due to one lymph node taken out and radiation on that side from the first time. So she prefers the port before switching arms.

I am feeling good after treatment. Took the puppy to the vet, took son to baseball practice. Came home and cooked spaghetti, mac n cheese, banana muffins for tonight and for the week. Very productive. :) I have three meetings for work over the next 2 days, out of this house! And from there I will go downhill by Wed afternoon and into next week. It's getting harder to recover quickly.

In 6 more treatments, it will be January 2, 2017. It is then that I will ask my doctor about a new plan. It's not guaranteed to change right away but she will know more about the new meds. I think the tricky part is knowing when exactly these new meds will be available.  Until then, chemo it is!

I am feeling pretty well recovered from the ovaries out. My hot flashes are about the same but probably with a little more intensity in them. It's an event when they come on. My insides go to 500 degrees and stay there for about 3-5 minutes. I average about 2 per hour or so.

I feel good. Laying down to go to sleep now, and probably won't sleep well due to steroids.  I like productivity and feeling good. It's fueling for now as I know what's coming later.

Take care my sweet friends. Thanks for your caring loving hearts and prayers for me. It means the world.

To God be the glory. I am cancer free and I am living another day to fight this horrible disease.

Xoxo. We got this!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah you got this Amanda. Ask GOD to guide u n watch u thru d day..His powerful hands will pour down his Blessings n clear all obstacles along d way.Believe n Trust in d Lord he will nvr forsake his children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you got this Amanda. Ask GOD to guide u n watch u thru d day..His powerful hands will pour down his Blessings n clear all obstacles along d way.Believe n Trust in d Lord he will nvr forsake his children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking a moment to keep all of us posted! As always my love and support!
    Love, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update! I think you'll be happy with the port and am glad you've chosen it. A friend of mine made that same choice and says it really simplifies things. I hope that is the case for you, too. I know you are being your amazing self and taking care of everyone around you - as long as you take as good care of yourself! And I know your mom is a powerful partner in that! Love to you both! You are always in my prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have Herpes in your whole body such as fever blisters, hsv, or roofing shingles you know what it is like to stay with the pain and discomfort that herpes delivers. I don't need to tell you how awesome it would be to find something that works so well that you no longer need to fear about stress or outbreak,Dr Itua herbal medicine cure my herpes in two weeks of taking it.is genuine and natural herbal medicine it has no side effect, The reason I'm writing this is that I promised Dr Itua I will share his herbal work to the world to see Herpes is no more a big deal.also Dr Itua can as well cure the following diseases...HIV,Hsv 1/2,Hepatitis B,Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer,Leukuemia Cancer,Lung Cancer,Brain CANCER,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Facator V Leiden Mutation , Lottery Spell,Copd, Shingles,Fibroid, Fibromyalgia, Liver/Kidney Inflamotry, Epilepsy,Hpv,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Cold Sore, Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic Asthma. Here His Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp Phone.+2348149277976. I paid for his herbal medicine and sent it to me through Courier Service which I pick it urgently and used.

    ReplyDelete