Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Important CT Scan on 8/4

Hi :) it's me! :) LOL!

Ok, so here is what is going on...Tomorrow which is Thursday, Aug 4th is a CT scan. This scan will show us if the cancer is gone, if it's shrunk, if it's grown, etc. Just to be clear- we want it to be gone. :)

The results of this scan will determine various paths of action.
1- It will determine when I will go to one of best facilities in country on cancer, like Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN, to get a second opinion and possible new treatment or prevention regimen.
2- It will determine if I get chemo on Monday. (I am scheduled for ovaries out on 8/16, oncologist wants to skip this chemo so that I am well enough for that. BUT if I am close to dropping chemo then I would just wait to do that surgery.)
3- It will determine possible different course of action of ovaries out as that could change altogether with 2nd opinion.

The scan is at 10:20am. I may not know results until Monday when I see Rachel. I have decided to not text her to ask for the results before then because if she says it's not gone, then I will have lots of questions about where it is and if it's shrunk etc. If it is gone and she feels like texting me the good news, then fine and I will gladly report that here.  But otherwise I will find out on Monday.

I called my insurance and they don't need referrals and they do approve second opinions. I checked all facilities of interest if in-network and guess what? All of them were in except one... University of Kentucky Markey Cencer Center. What in the world?

Another huge piece of news. We are getting a puppy on Friday. :) Miniature Aussiedoodle (half Australian Shepherd and half poodle). Omg. Nervous nelly here! I'll let you know how that goes. Jack is so very excited. :)

Thank you for donating or being part of my Komen team!!

Lots of love from your crazy favorite cancer chick!  πŸ˜˜πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜·πŸ™ƒπŸ’“πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸΎ
Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you move through this day. I am grateful for your updates and sharing. What a lucky puppy, too! Happy new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy cancer chick, you're awesome! I love how you detailed your choices, depending on the results of your CT scan and that you're good about checking with the various facilities for insurance coverage. If you want help with the bigger healthcare picture, you can always consult with a Certified Nurse Life Care Planner.

    ReplyDelete