Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Monday, August 8, 2016

RESULTS OF SCAN

Drumroll please!  I like the kind with the 7 person drum line in a jam praising God right about now, doesn't that sound like fun!!

THE CANCER IS GONE!!!
Complete Resolution of all affected lymph nodes and no evidence of cancer anywhere else according to the CT scan that scanned all my innards. :)

And they just stuck me for my chemo treatment and one stick and felt easy. AND I am going to hold off on ovaries out until we can fit it between treatments without messing up what we are doing well. :)

Happy days my friends!  The flip side and the next question- how long do I continue chemo? Well. It's not what I thought. I lost a lot of bets. :) I will stay on this regimen for a while. Basically she said I can ask her about it again in January. So fine. No biggie. I can do this. This was the best 3 weeks I have had since I started treatments. I just need to be in good rhythm and not force things that are not meant to be.

God is so good. He is so trustworthy. I have not been worried about this. He is good in all circumstances and in all things. All I have to do is really trust His word!  I trust him with all of me, all of my time, all of my family and all of my friends. My pastor asked recently in a service, "Are you all in?"  And my auto response was yes I am. Then he dove into ways we may not be all in and it really made me step back and ask this to myself.  After some thought, my answer is yes, I am all in. Done. Just like that. Every difficult circumstance can question where He is and can question if we are all in or not. I get that and there could be another day that calls that into question. But I have faith and faith is not always easy- He never said it would be.

Thank you and I love you!
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Yes!! Happy days! This is such amazingly good news! And yes, God is so, so, SO good! Thank you for the happy news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful news...with God blessing everything is possible dear... Take care AJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful news...with God blessing everything is possible dear... Take care AJ.

    ReplyDelete