Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

4/9/12 Follow Up Reports and Chemo

Hi.
The report is that the surgeon says that all looks good. I have a sore muscle in my back for some reason but he says he isn't worried about it. I have to have mammogram in November (1 year follow up) since I still have the other side at this point until my next surgery in January possibly.

Oncologist is pleased with me. She says I look good and that I am doing well. Only 7 more treatments of chemotherapy!! :). There are some side effects I need to be careful of, but not huge deal.

Chemo went fine. I sat down around 2:30pm and was done at around 5:10pm. I slept so sound. I am starting to like these treatments! Best sleep in a while- even if it is just an hour. Haha!

I met a woman whose breast cancer returned in her lungs 6 years ago. She comes in every 3 weeks for a dose of chemo and goes on with her life. She looks great and says breast cancer was the best thing thats ever happened to her because it got her priorities straight.

Thank you for your care an concern for me! Your prayers are working!

Never underestimate the power of how God can work in your life. It's not my work, my performance, my cancer, my ups and downs that I rest in. It's God's strength through Jesus that I can rest and trust. It's through my experience, only in the recent few years, that I have learned this allowing me to lead a much richer and fuller life than I ever expected, even in these minutes.

"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether is is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:12-13

1 comment:

  1. You go, Warrior Woman! Glad to hear everything is going well and you are realizing how strong you are. You have dealt head-on with everything on your plate and done a great job at it all! Must be part of that Ravalian training I gave you years ago. Love and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete