Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Monday, April 30, 2012

Tx 8 of 12.

Tomorrow is treatment 8 of 12, this round.  Treatments now are every Monday.  Chris and I argue that it is a two hour appointment, when it is sometimes 4 hours by the time we leave.  I say tomorrow will be 2 1/2 hours.  Regardless, my week feels very short lately. 

Treatment day is just more time consuming than anything.  I am much more affected by treatment on Thursdays and Fridays. The fatigue is really profound.  I slept from Thursday 8:30pm to Friday Noon, only to return to bed at 9:00 or so Friday night.  There is still no rhythm to each week.  I may sleep well or not.  These 2-3 days days are especially very difficult days.  The next 5 weeks could possibly the hardest as treatments compound.  Nausea not the issue this round, but shear fatigue on these days is debilitating, no sugar coating it.  I have some other side affects, such as a bloody nose most of the time (Sorry if TMI, its just the truth of it- bloody from dry) and my fingernails are strange making my fingertips very sore, amongst other things.  Overall, its compounding but ONLY 5 more chemotherapy treatments.  No problem!

Today was a really great day.  I spent a lot of time at church with a great message, great people, and knowing that it doesn't matter what happens- good or bad, God has all that is in store for me now and later.  It's such great news to have hope that is found in knowing Jesus.  That my hope, my life isn't placed in material things, the daily grind, the next big sale, not even in the people I love, but in God.

I attend Quest Community Church in Lexington & Frankfort, KY.  I love my Church.  I love being part of the Church.  I am thankful for those who went before me to saying yes to the risks with God, as Quest celebrates 13 years, this week.  I am especially thankful for when they said yes to the sacrifice to opening doors in Frankfort, KY, 10 minutes from my home, just 3 1/2 years ago.  I am thankful for the authenticity and an undying commitment to serving God, of the leaders at Quest.  I am thankful the way they have loved me during this time. 

God- thank you for all you have done, will continue to do and provide.  Thank you for each person reading this.  May you speak clearly to them.  May they receive clarity and seek you in all that is entrusted to them.  Thank you for all of the love and care where you have carefully placed each one of these people in my life (those I know and don't know) during this time with my cancer.  Amen!

Lots of love, Amanda










   

1 comment:

  1. Just got back from Montreal yesterday so I have been away for a while. So glad to know you are strong and dealing with the chemo effects as best you can. You are almost there, Mandy! One foot in front of the other and before you know it, you will have competed this ugly bout with chemo. Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete