Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Monday, April 9, 2012

Tx 5 of 12

Today is treatment 5 of 12.  Only 7 more to go! I had a great week managing the fatigue well.  I was able to visit with family in town which was so fun!  Easter was a great day! 

I usually don't sleep much the night before chemo. I got about 4.5 hours of sleep, which is better than usual.  My side effects seem to be minimal at this point.  I am happy with the grace that has been given in this.  Its one of those things that hit me over the last week or so.  I have not had issues with weight loss, inability to eat, extreme lack of energy.  This is truly grace over the last 5 months.  It hit me that it could be so much worse.  So, with this realization, now I am encouraged to do more from my old normal in my new normal. 

Today is 2 month surgery follow up with surgeon, Dr. AJ from Central Baptist.  I am also seeing Oncologist, Dr. Harper today.  Her appts are every 2-3 weeks now, though I am going in for chemo every Monday now.  I pray that these appoitments continue to bring the message of healing and progress.  I have a couple of concerns with soreness and side effects that I will be discussing.  Nothing major. 

Thank you for checking in.  Girls, go get your Annuals and your Mammograms!  Boys, you pay attention too!  My friend's father was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Stay aware of your bodies, go to doctor to get your checks done!  Men- don't not do this, especially with prostate, colon and all that you really need to have checked.

Here is my pic for the day.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment