Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tx 9 of 12

This treatment was last Monday on 5/7.  I met with the doctor as a check up.  All going well, except for the burns in my veins (whcih is normal for taxotere-it burns inside out) and the fact that I had a skin burn on my hands as well with nail grossness (which is also normal).  Bottom line, is she switched my Taxotere to Taxol, like going from Coke to Pepsi.  Taxotere is derived from a plant and is 2-3% more beneficial over Taxol.  The Taxol works but is manmade.  She is happy that I got 2/3 of the Taxotere and the switch will help my skin.  She had only seen the skin rash one other time and she discussed Stephen Johnson's Syndrome which is a deadly skin disease syndrome caused by a drug reaction.  Um, yes, lets switch!!

The side affects from the switch seemed easier.  Thursday was a good day, but Friday seemed to catch up with me.  Managed through it.  Travelled to see family and my niece graduate from college.  Did well for the weekend and had a great visit. 

Only 3 left!!!  Thanks for stopping by and checking on me!  Thank you for your love and outpouring of support! 

There is a meeting coming up in June that I will be handing out awards.  My theme is "Champions".  I really feel like in this lifetime we are meant to be Champions for others and we recieve Champions in our lives who step up and go to bat for us through prayer, support, love, good thoughts, and just having a real sense of connection during a time like this especially.  God places people on our heart in this way and I believe I have been placed on your heart as you are my Champion.  Until now, I thought they were very few in a lifetime, but this is not the case.  Champion could also mean angel.

Love, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment