Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Siked! Tx 11 of 12

One more after tomorrow!! "tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow...it's only a day (andaweekandoneday) awaaayyy!" (from 'Annie')

So some girlies and I were talkin'... October 6 is Susan G Komen race in Lexington, KY (www.komenlexington.org). You are invited to be a part of Team Amanda- we will get a more creative name to this, but we will have tshirts. :). And I want us to run at the front of the pack, consider this early notice. However, maybe you want to walk, maybe you just want to finish...this is great!- regardless, let's just do it! I'm siked the moment, so I feel like I could run a marathon tonight while I sleep. :). The point is, put it on your calendar. I will get an RSVP site going with information and so that you can get your tshirt if you want it.

Switching gears, last week I mentioned my momma and just little bit on just how much I love her and how she has been so good to me. I want to post here just how much I love my husband and how supportive he is in this journey. He has done so much around the house, with our son, and for me. He has been patient, loving, listening, spiritual, funny, sweet, gentle, optimistic, easy.

I love my family and my friends so much. I can't imagine this life without them (you) and without Jesus leading it. I knew this all before... now in this journey, I've really just gotten to put these relationships in overdrive and learn more about them, and just how important they really are. What a gift this journey really is. :). Wrapped in fuscia pink with a beautiful fluffy bow!!

Update on schedule--Tomorrow is treatment 11 of 12! Chemo final 12 of 12 is a week from Tuesday. I have a CT scan on June 4 that should confirm cancer clear. I meeting with Radiation Oncologist, Dr Marta Hayne on June 7 to layout radiation area. Hope to start Radiation on June 11 that will consist of 37 treatments at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington that will be completed August 4 or so. Treaments will include park, walk in, 10 min appt, leave. Short appts and I anticipate little side affects- much easier than chemotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment