Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meeting with Surgeon

My meeting with surgeon is at 10:30am Thursday 1/12 morning. We are scheduling surgery in next week or two. We will discuss options, though I know I will have double mastectomy as well as removal of lymph nodes.

Please pray that we will all be aligned with direction, questions answered and schedule. Please pray that I can again rest in that this is just another necessary part of my journey that I will overcome and still be a strong and beautiful woman that God created me to be.

I am thankful for an unwavering God who is just and who is the One who is really there to carry us when we can't do it on our own. He gives me the courage and strength that I otherwise could not and would not have.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy it is all coming together. Dottie shared the options you were given and I think it is a good plan! You are going to be so healthy and strong once this is all over. Love Aunt Shirley

    ReplyDelete