Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chemo Tx 6

Hi!  What a great day I have had today.  I woke up, went to church- heard a fantastic message, hugged lots of people I love, played with my son outside and inside, visited with mom and stepdad, had a good dinner and conversation with my husband, ate girl scout cookies, and flat out enjoyed the day feeling good!  :):)

Monday morning (2/27) at 9:15am is chemo treatment number 6!  This is the final one of this round- being the Adriamyacin (red devil are what the nurses call it) and Cytoxen.  :)  My next treatment will be in a couple of weeks begin Round 2: Taxotere for 12 weeks, once per week.  Hair loss and fatigue will continue, but sounds like it will be a bit easier than this first round, and maybe no nausea? :) 

Thank you for your prayers, love and support!  I am so thankful.  I know its been a process.  You have stuck by me with your support.  Its easy to slack, but you haven't.  Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Will be saying an extra prayer for you this morning! Behind you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,

    Glad you had a day of reprieve before tackling your next round. Hopefully, your chemo treatment went well and it is a mild dose of whatever the "red devil" is going to throw at you. Positive vibes are being sent to you from me.

    Love,

    Connie

    ReplyDelete