Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Chemo treatment is on Monday

Chemo treatment #3 is Monday 7/18 morning (tomorrow). The most exciting thing about this treatment is that it is #3- we will be doing a scan at some point over the next weeks to see if the cancer is GONE! Can I get a whoop whoop!?  Let's not get too excited just yet.  Let me get the scan first. I will report back on the scheduled date.

I have been preparing for chemo a little better this time. I made stuffed shells for the freezer. It's a good recipe, Chris really liked it. Pioneer Woman's Red White and Green Stuffed Shells. I also got some steel cut oats with dried fruits, brown sugar, nuts that I will like in my down days. I am pretty excited about that. I am stocked with a little more chemo friendly foods and drinks I think I will like. I just wrote that and I thought to myself "I am so optimistic today"- and now I am lauging at myself. Because in 4-5 days, I might just be writing how horrible the food is. Lol!  That will make me laugh only for about 10 seconds in that moment, but right now I find it very funny.  It's all about the perspective of the day! :):):)

I watched a movie Miracles in Heaven with Jack today. I knew I would cry and I hate movies that make me cry. It was exhausting. There are two things I will say that were good from this. One is that in all reality it was probably therapeutic for me to watch it and cry a good cry. Secondly, going to bed tonight, Jack tells me that he felt safe watching the movie. It reminded him that God is always there no matter what. I'll take that anytime! ❤️

So about tomorrow, yes I am anxious. Yes, I hate going into this knowing what the next week or two is going to be like. I don't want to be stuck in my arm more than one time to get it right. But, overall I am okay. I am still learning this journey all over again. And my emotions have calmed down a lot. The transition from normalcy to the newness of fighting cancer for the second time is almost complete. Now what follows is the transition to my new reality. This is just beginning and will take a lot of time. Though, this is probably less of a transition and really just more of a process that will continue on forever for me. Daily perspective is one of the components and it will be sharper than Bobby Flay's knives.

Thanks for your love, your support, all the ways you are to me and my family-and do for me and my family; you know what you are and what you do. I love each and every one of you!

FYI...
I am gearing up a team for the Komen race, October 1 in Lexington, Kentucky. Let's get some exercise and raise money to fight this stupid ridiculous dumb breast cancer crap.  I don't care if it's a good day or a bad day, I will be there! More details to come. It's a 5k. Start getting your training in now. :)



2 comments:

  1. We are sending our PRAYERS, love, positive thoughts and support to you daily! Wish we were closer and could do more, you Jack, and Chris are on every prayer chain of everyone we know. God hears them all and will get you through this, even your worst days. We would love to come out in October to do the 5k. Look out, the training has begun! Love and miss all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda you will overcome this stupid ridiculous dumb breast cancer crap. I see a lot of positiveness in your updates and feedback. Which I always look forward to read my dear. Our prayers is always with you. Take care babe.. 😊

    ReplyDelete