Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Friday, July 22, 2016

Update for a difficult week

Hi,
This week has been an interesting week.  It's been a difficult week most of all.  But, we are all learning to deal with this disease and are choosing to be faithful and thankful.

On Monday, before treatment, a few of us met with my Oncologist.  I asked her the question, "after this episode, what is the likelihood of this coming back?"  Basically, its what we have known...according to her, it is coming back, its just a matter of when.  This fight for my life got really serious in those moments.  It is not easy to hear those words that you will have to do this again. 

The chemo has been tolerable until today, it is just not very fun.  Just the weight and fatigue of it is upon me. 

I have skipped over a lot of details.  This has been a week of reflection and process.  I am excited for each day I have here.  This is how I have to choose to live.  I don't have a time clock on my life, but I am pretty aware that it is probably shorter than most, at this point.

I have to and enjoy seeking God's peace in this.  There is no other way to do this and feel good about it.  I feel so much better when I choose to believe just how trustworthy He is.  He makes all things impossible, possible. And that makes me very happy! :)  None of us have a guarantee on our life. 

Let me shout this out...I hate cancer!  And listen you healthy people...get out there and get your check ups, mammograms, colonoscopies, etc!  There is a reason why they screen these things.  Don't wait until you have a problem.  AND if you do have a problem, pick up your phone and call your doctor right now and make an appointment.  If you need a referral, let me know, I will get you to the right doctor! :) LOL!

XOXO Lots of love, Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and experience, Amanda. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry that I haven't kept up for a few weeks but it is heartening to visit your site today and be reminded of your strength and faith. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I can hear your voice reciting these posts, including your chuckles (LOLs) at yourself and your comments. We're all our here shouting with you, laughing while crying, loving your tender stories of time with your son and husband, wishing we could do anything and everything to help you beat this "dumb cancer crap." Stay strong! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete