Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Fourth of July!

This weekend has been filled with highs and lows. I tried to get a pedicure and became dizzy, lost probably 95% vision and had to call Chris to pick me up. The next morning I was fine and successfully accomplished it. I have been out socializing a few hours here and there but most hours have been spent on couch and in bed.

I cannot fight the rhythms of treatment. They are stronger than me. Even if I feel good (normally I would run 100 errands, go to the grocery 3x, and do 100 more things), I must hold myself back to reserve my energy. It's very very hard for me to do that.

On Thursday I was feeling frustrated. Today I am helping myself work thru this and remembering to not fight it. Enjoy the good moments and lay down in the bad moments. I am feeling very tired at the moment where my levels feel like they have dipped again.

Still  no sign of rash. Yay. I feel incredibly blessed for my friends and family and work friends who are all there for me for anything. I mean really blessed. God is in this with us. Love you all.

Happy Fourth of July!!! :) xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th! Well now it's probably the 5th your time! You sound like you are doing well and checking in with yourself. Listen to your body there will be plenty of time to go to the grocery store soon! Sending you my love, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear there's been no rash. I'm sure it's frustrating not being able to go and do like you are used to. It really sucks that you are going through this. Prayers daily for you Amanda.

    ReplyDelete