Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Blah. (Just made myself laugh with this title)

Chemotherapy sucks. I did fine getting treatment on Monday, even though I got stuck 4x before we got going. The inside of my right arm looks like a total wreck. So long sleeve shirts for me. I did well over last couple of days. Today is not so good. It's just a bad day. I don't want to move, don't want to do anything. My rhythm of treatments are not in line with Summer fun. It's interfering with the Fourth of July weekend. We decided to not travel to see my husband's family.

It's here...the down kind of day. Physically, I am experiencing muscle aches and just that flu like feeling that you hear about with chemo.  The physical downess can have an effect on my mental state sometimes, like today. I want my hair back. I want to be in the sun. I want my energy back. I want to run the roads working.  I want to open the sunroof and sing in my car.  I want to be able to drink my coffee, etc etc. I am so frustrated!

Bottom line, the medicine is making me better. This is temporary. I have to get past this to get well. I need to stop complaining and rest up. There will be better days ahead.



1 comment:

  1. Thought about you all day. Hope and pray you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete