Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Chemo #2 is upon me

Hi. I have chemo treatment#2 (tomorrow as of now) on Monday 6/27. I get blood work done at 8am, meet with Dr Harper at 8:45am and go into treatment directly after.  I will probably be there til 1:30-2pm. I took steroids today getting ready for it and ate a great meal tonight cooked by my brother in law. He is always ready to put anything on the grill. :). I am doing well. I am experiencing some hot flashes tonight. I am afraid to say that I think this will get more frequent as I remember the last time. I am always in anticipation of the treatment. So hopefully I will sleep ok. My cough is still with me, but it is different.  I will ask about this with my doctor tomorrow. I know the treatments are working so I really believe there is no way it could be growing or spreading. Maybe it's just holes left in my bronchial tubes from where the nodes have gone down in swelling. I'll take that! :) xoxoxo. God is my refuge and my foundation. So thankful to have not just a rock but the one and only Great I Am's rock beneath me. :). I'll report how this one goes. Lots of love, hugs and kisses.

4 comments:

  1. Sending you my love and wishing you well tomorrow. My thoughts are with you. Love, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have those pink boxing gloves on! I will be there with you in spirit every step of the way. Love and kisses from Connie B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have those pink boxing gloves on! I will be there with you in spirit every step of the way. Love and kisses from Connie B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayers with you as you continue this battle.

    ReplyDelete