Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, June 12, 2016

My new normal

Hi,
I had a fun weekend in Chicago this weekend with neighbors and seeing Ryan play in his band, Stache. It's always best times to see the band, Ryan and Kelli and friends! I suited up in a hat, cover up, took a chair, drank plenty of water. Enjoyed it tremendously!  It was a good refresher and time away. Today we are traveling back and my body is not doing as well. I thought I had escaped the side effects from my first treatment but that certainly has not been the case. I am not dealing with nausea which is good. I am dealing with soreness, fatigue, rashes, mouth issues. I figure it will get better in next couple of weeks just in time for the next tx on June 27. Still holding out hope that I don't lose all my hair. Today is certainly not one of my better days but I believe tomorrow will be. :)

I don't want to bore you with details over next couple of weeks so I may not post a ton.  If something changes, I will post. I will be checking in to let you know how I am doing.

Xoxo. Amanda

5 comments:

  1. I love hearing about the good and the bad. That is life. Sounds like you're having a little bit of both. Keep your chin up, rest and remember 1 day at a time. Sending you my love and prayers, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trip to Chicago sounds like great fun and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Post as you feel able and willing. All updates are appreciated and the love and prayers continue to flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a champion with a strong will power AJ. Continue to believe and prayers will be answered. Cheers.. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a champion with a strong will power AJ. Continue to believe and prayers will be answered. Cheers.. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you much and continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete