Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Chemotherapy- 1st day! Monday 11/14/11

The day started off Jack placing his Santa hat on my one of my new hairs sitting on my desk. :)  Arrived to the Cancer Center on Monday morning.  Meeting with Doctor, then 2 hours in chemo chair with IV chemo drugs.  Chris, my mom and Craig-church elder was there.  We laughed throughtout that place before I went in.  Felt fine recieving treatment.  A little tingly pressure to the sinuses.  Afterwards, I went shopping for a bit for items that I will need, like a great custom "A" ballcap that I will indeed bedazzle.  
I felt a nauseous feeling all day like you have been on a stuffy airplane for a while, with that nausea feeling that may creep, slightly hungover and tired. I took an antinausea pill on top of the two other antinausea meds that were already in me.  Powerful stuff.  This is no Therflu remedy! Morning after (now), I feel pretty good, a little more adjusted.  I have not cried. I have been POSITIVE. :):).  Nurses would be happy to hear that. If you hear it 1 time, you hear that 100 times.

As I received treatment, I got to pray for my nurse with her and Craig.  I got to thank God for my prayer warriors!!  I really dont know the numbers of the army that is out there. I imagine there are hundreds of you.  Thank you!!  I feel the prayers and I am walking in the path of Jesus that He has prepared for me. :)  My neighbors have been such gifts to me.  They are praying, cooking dinners.  Barb helped me set up this VERY COOL site.  BTW- the watch is my watch on this site!  She is awesomeness!  I thank God for each of you!  God is providing for me and my family, y'all!! :)

My Mom, Dottie, arrived probably 45 minutes before me at the hospital and I was 20 minutes early!!  Can you believe it!!  My Mom sat through appts, had ourr snack ready in the car, took me around to work, to the mall, pick up Jack and took me home.  She is one of the loves of my life.  :) Another love is Sprinkles Cupcakes, just thought I would throw that in.

Our minutes here are well spent together. Its so fun for me. Love that you care to read.  Thanks so much for caring, praying, reading, thinking about me!

7 comments:

  1. Had to leave a comment on this fabulous blog! :). So proud of you for keeping such a wonderful attitude through all of this! Chemo treatment #1...check...you go girl! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us in the loop with this, Amanda. We are all here for you. And thank you to Barb for setting this up for you! It is great! Much love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud to be your friend - Shelby

    PS I say bag Lady (see picture caption if this confuses you).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a strong, amazing woman! I can't wait to see your new hair...did you get something wild and crazy?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud to be a soldier in Amanda's Army. The power of love can work miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda,

    Congratulations.. you are officially a breast cancer survivor! My mom, Pat Sloan from CSI shared your story and information with me. I too am a survivor since Feb 26, 2009. Your treatment plan sounds very similar to mine. Chemo, Surgery, Radiation, Reconstruction. Mine was Stage 3, and triple negative.

    Your blog will be a wonderful tool for others to keep up with your progress. It will also serve as a huge support for the "down" days. I used the caring bridge website.

    May God bless you on each step of this journey!

    Lisa Austin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda,

    You are so strong! As I read through your posts and comments I can hear you talking. I'm so proud of your strength and attitude.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete