Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Here's 5 minutes of a bad day.

Today, I got myself together, got my son off to his preschool, went shopping for fresh fruit and few groceries with my mom and uncle.  So, I could not pick up my mood.  I see this is part of this process.  So, I had a down day.  I get the positive attitude now.  I really get it.  So, switch gears and press on!!! Whoo hooo! 

The sick feeling is still present.  I have aversion to my coffee and some foods and smells.  However, never fear... :) Please know, for now, I am still eating with pretty good appetite.  Now, the other thing is that I am really shaving my head next weekend.  This ant hill will be climbed and conquered, too.  No, Holly, we are not going to get crazy with it.  Holly goes to church with me and does hair and shaves heads apparently now too. :)  I am debating on a brief 24 hour viewing of my bald head on this blog.  I will let you know what I decide!

Let me say I am blown away by the notes, prayers, thoughts you send my way.  Wow.  I feel the love and am so thankful for each of you!  I am lifted up by it.  God has each one of our hairs on our head counted (Matthew 10:30), whether we get to keep them is not the issue, He knows the very details of our lives, He loves and cares about us unconditionally. 

4 comments:

  1. Its good to acknowledge that you are not feeling 100%. Now you can move on to the positive things around you. You are blessed to have so many loving friends and family that want the very best for you. You can do it! Ravalians do prevail! Get out your hoop! You are at war!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shall recover it ALL! 1 Samual 30

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I just read this a few days ago and I am still trying to make sense of it. I know you are a strong determined person and you will make it through this. You will be in my daily thoughts and prayers and I am always here if you need someone to talk to you. I am very proud of you and this website is great. Love and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete