Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Naps are good, so are little boys who throw up.

The last two days were really great.  I walked 2 miles each morning.  I ate meals regularly.  These days are turning out to be better days in the beginning, which they say you are supposed to feel good first few days then not so well after.  I dont like being off from text book reads, but I'll take it!  I did take afternoon naps, which helped, one of which was in a Garden Ridge parking lot.  So, on the whole, dont laugh at the people with the sunglasses trying to fit in little naps in their car, unless of course they drool.  Had to add this pic.  Dont ever tell him you saw this pic! :)  Have you ever seen such!? :)

SO, at 12:30AM, Jack is in bed with us (which we allow only from time to time) and I hear "MOMMYYYY, I gotta throw up!"  Oh dear.  He sure did.  He made it to the bathroom.  Now, what do we do?  We have a child sick, not from just too much bouncing or dancing as he was last night, and a mommy whose white blood cell count is bottoming out just in time!  :)  (I smile, but I dont think Dr. Harper would. Jack is in the other room now and I sprayed the house down with Lysol- just covering my bases in case she reads.)

Bottom line for me in the last two days and after seeing NY Giants Mark Herzlich's story (google it, not just because Giants are our fave team) on the TODAY show, there is a choice that is made each day.  This applies to cancer patients and anyone...And that choice is to be positive, breath in the cool Fall air, soak in the sun rays (it happened to be sunny last two days), and be thankful that my life is blessed in so many ways.  If we choose to allow things, people, the thought of losing our hair, or sickness rule our lives, then we will always be let down. If we let God do the work He intended for us, our lives can be so much more. 

Thank you for checking in and praying for us!  Love you all!  Still deciding on the bald head pic...

No comments:

Post a Comment