Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

If its not in 5 minutes, its all in the nutshell.

Hi!  I have felt fantastic.  Today, I feel good- I do have a couple of mouth sores that are pretty intense (sorry if TMI). I personally think this is a sign of my white blood cell count dipping to its lowest as they assured me it would come Wednesday this week.

I feel like these good days are bonus days when I expected otherwise, which brings me to a word, "rhythm", that is an appropriate word for the expectactations of what I think will happen.  Its kind of the word of the day- or week- for me.  I have to set aside what I think the rhythm of this will be or should be- regardless of good or bad.  Its already quite a process without me trying to anticipate everything. (excellent point, Erin- in case you missed it. :))

The pressing moments in my good days now have been the impending physical transformation and mountain ahead of me.  I was told dont look at the whole mountain as it can be overwhelming.  Take in what is near me now and keep moving. (...and no it was not the Miley Cyrus song, though I admit in the open, I like that song, like "listen to it loud in my car and sing" like it...The Climb, and it is happens to be very appropriate here.  Some of you are cringing and it is making me laugh out loud to think about watching your reaction as you read this!)

So in a nutshell, the rhythm and the mountain ahead are the areas to lay down without me trying to control the experience it before it really happens.  A great friend said to me, "if you go down a road and create a picture in your mind, make sure Jesus is in that picture, if not, don't go there."  So, in a further nutshell, the rhythm, the mountain, the roads must all be at ease through God. 

As I reference nutshells, I have to tell you that I have such an adversion to all nuts- almonds, peanuts, cashews, all of them- during this.  Yuck!  I love each of you---my neighbors, my friends, my family, my support, my prayers...thank you, thank you, thank you. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!  I am incredibly grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment