Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Chemo Treatment No 2 is upon me.

Hi.  My last post seemed abrupt to me when I went back and read it.  Sometimes funny doesn't come across very funny on these blogs; it comes across abrupt and short in personality.  Sorry for that.  I do want to let you know that I have my 2nd chemo treatment at 9:15am today 12/5.  This is where, once again, the rubber meets the road.  There have been few times I seem to have said this to myself..."this is where the rubber meets the road"...like before my first treatment and right before my first hair cut.  Also, my brother said this to me too in the beginning of this journey when he was talking about my faith against a challenging time.  If I was writing a book, I think the first chapter would be about "The Prayer Army", then Chapter 2 would be "Where the Rubber Meets the Road". 

So, as I was saying, this treatment is upon me with its lovely nausea and flu symptoms.  Please pray for my body to stay strong and push through these side effects.  Thank you for taking the time to read through these updates and pray for me and my family.  I am so thankful.  Let's get the engines revved up, get the wheels turning and let's burn some rubber on these roads!


For those of you with "Schedule Mammogram" on your to-do list, call right now. Go get 'em girls!  If you can't get a mammogram, tell them you have a history.  If you aren't interested in mammogram, schedule your annual pap- they do breast exams there.  Call now and get it done!

4 comments:

  1. Your Daddy would love your blog tonight! Vroom, vroom! I wish you the very best tomorrow. I know you are strong and will do a dynamite job. A lot of people will be holding you in their hearts and sending you lots of positive energy.
    Love, Connie RWP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got your blog from Dana, and it is absolutely beautiful! Your words have such a sincere truth and grace to them throughout. I love the pictures: little Jack(who is not so little now); your bald head(and yes, you are stunning); and you and Chris with so much love for each other that it shows through. We are all praying for God to give you strength so we can see that beautiful smile and hear that wonderful laugh of yours. Stay strong, you can do this.
    Love, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers and love are coming your way, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, thinking of you today and praying that you are doing well and no bad affects from your 2nd chemo treatment. I catch your humor and appreciate your sharing your journey. If it makes you feel better .. my day was spent on the telephone with ATT working on failed telephone voice mails and fax as well as 5 hours on line with ATT Internet repair... I survived .. good thing no one lives around me as I was very vocal with my displeasure. My love and prayers coninue... see you soon

    ReplyDelete