Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

It has been a great Christmas.  Christmas Eve was a little rough and I missed seeing a lot of family!  I wasn't feeling really great.  But, I napped in the evening, stayed up with Santa til 2am and made Christmas morning a very happy morning for one little boy and his brother and sister.  Jack came in at around 7:30am this morning and said, "Mommy, Daddy...Santa came and he brought me toys!"  He was so excited!  We opened presents and I cooked breakfast.  Eventually, I took a nap with Jack, which really helped- I don't think this may have been much different than many of what you have done ;).  Then, another meal was ready at 4pm!  It turned out great.  Family came over throughout the day and it was a really beautiful Christmas.  :)  I love this day and this time of year.  I am so thankful for what this day means and how much it brings together family.

The nausea is subsided.  I had another episode of a fever with tremendous headache on Friday.  That is also subsided.  I am a bit tired.  Need to rest.  With God's grace, this has been a fantastic Christmas 2011!!

Merry Christmas!! Love to you and your family!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas little gal! Glad you were able to salvage the day and have a little Christmas enjoyment with your family. We tried to SKYPE you tonight but California time may have been a little late for you. How about tomorrow night? Maybe we can try then. Melanie wanted to have a visit with you. She works until about 5:00 or so but we should be home at Melanie's in the evening. I have my laptop too. I go back home Tuesday. I hope you are over the worst for episode 3 and are free and clear until the next episode 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful day!! My family has been touched by Cancer this year and it was a blessing to have everyone together. I think about you and your family daily.

    ReplyDelete