Wait...I have five more minutes!


"Welcome to Amanda's five minutes. Thanks for spending this time with me as we go through a series of treatments and surgeries to kick the butt of Breast Cancer...why 5 minutes? I always need five more minutes to clarify a conversation, to make my point, to drive to an appointment, to grocery shop. I live in that 5 minutes close call on being almost too late but almost always on time! Now, every next five minutes is the survival of my life. This is about a transformation of priorities, a journey of God meeting me in the middle, laughing as I go, and learning how to relax and get well. I just got a knock at the door, guess what my response was...Five more minutes!"

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dreaming of a Pink Christmas

I am doing very well today!  But, wow, I am tired after hanging with my mom and my aunt today.  They came over for a 1st annual baking event.  There wasn't much on the agenda and I rested plenty, but I certainly didn't have the energy I normally would have.  I would have normally done triple what I did today AND still be going til midnight.  But, wow, I am tired.  But...I am not nauseous!  Thank you God!  So fun to not be sick.  They also wrapped presents for me that were in PINK Support Breast Cancer Research wrapping paper! :)  Thank you, you two! 

So, my family had a decision to make this week.  Do I do Chemo Tx 3 before or after Christmas?  Well, we decided on before Christmas on this Tuesday, 12/20.  Christmas will be day 6 out (count the first day as day 1).  Taking a chance, on nausea.  Please pray that I can breeze through this one. 

My shaved hair is coming out, patchy, ready to be totally bald.  So, I may have another pic to put up soon.  I did go out today with ONLY my cotton cap, no hair.  The other day, I saw a girl my age coming out of chemo.  She wore her baldness well.  It was inspirational for me.

On Monday, I spent the evening with AIA and CSI organizations in Louisville at the Holiday Party. (I am president of CSI.)  I was glad to see a lot of my friends and folks I work with.  My entourage (husband, mom, stepdad) would not let me get close to anyone for fear of germs.  Its a little out of control.  BUT, two weeks ago when I said my eyes hurt, was achy and had a fever- that was a random virus I picked up from being out.  It was NOT chemo related.  So, these days of sickness and runny noses and coughs that are going around, I am trying to be careful- thanks to them. :)

I praise God that I am enjoying this week and getting things done.  I am thankful that my son is happy and we are playing.  I am off now to play a "hunting" game.  We are going to hunt for something in the woods or as I know it- the living room.  But he is now side tracked by the guitar and singing a NY Giants Fan song!!  :)  Off to sleep in tent now... :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are having a real "girls" day baking and such. Sounds like fun and lots of laughing which is always good for the soul. It is nice to see you with your Mom and Aunt. I never knew what your Aunt Shirley looked like. Now I do. Did you know you can't make something "annual" until after the first event? Next year it will be the second annual baking event. I bet you rocked at the AIA and CSI holiday party. You looked awesome and your hair looked awesome. Keep up the spirit! Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete